tomee-users mailing list archives

From JimOR <jimorou...@clearviewcatv.net>
Subject Tomcat webapp Configuration
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 19:41:59 GMT

I'm new to OpenEJB, so apologies in advance if I missed something in the
docs...

My goal is to create an ejb jar with Entities and CRUD beans using OpenEJB &
PostgreSQL and include that jar in a collapsed ear/war with IceFaces
deployed to Tomcat 6.

I am able to inject a DataSource into my bean using @Resource(name=[id
defined in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/openejb.xml]), and deploy that bean jar in a
webapp war.

However, I have 2 issues.

1)I would prefer to deploy my driver and openejb configuration in my ejb
jar, so I don't have to drop my odbc driver into Tomcat "globally", and
create my DataSource resources at the Tomcat level.  I tried placing an
openejb.xml containing only my resource declarations at various places in my
ejb jar, but during startup, I see the following line in openejb.log(and I
obviously can't get to my sql data)

INFO  - Auto-linking resource-ref 'FooDataSourceID' in bean FooBean to
Resource(id=My DataSource)

2)When my war contains jsf and/or IceFaces, openejb throws the
following(edited for brevity):
 ERROR - Unable to process annotation in /jsfWebapp: Exception: Unable to
load servlet class: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet:
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Unable to load servlet class:
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:557)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:181)

I'm using:
Apache OpenEJB 3.0    build: 20080408-04:13 and Tomcat 6.0.16

I can provide a full stack trace and/or war if required.

Any assistance would be appreciated, and when I get a simple app working,
would be happy to contribute an example(with some assistance...).