tomee-users mailing list archives

From JimOR <jimorou...@clearviewcatv.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat webapp Configuration
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 01:30:13 GMT

David Blevins wrote:

> If you can whip up a tiny example that reproduces the problem, I'll be
> happy to take a look at it.  You can attach the war to this jira:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-797

The jira has a zip attached containing IceFaces jars in ./lib and a
./webapps/IceSample.war.  The war contains a working EJB injected servlet,
and the openejb.log shows that my  bean was created.

Running the default page, main.jspx, results in the following exception:
ERROR-
com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler.renderResponse(Line:292) -
Problem in renderResponse: javax.faces.FacesException:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name org.ui.beans.RequestBean is not
bound in this Context
javax.faces.FacesException: javax.faces.FacesException:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name org.ui.beans.RequestBean is not
bound in this Context
	at
com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationAssociate.createAndMaybeStoreManagedBeans(ApplicationAssociate.java:560)
	at
com.sun.faces.el.ManagedBeanELResolver.getValue(ManagedBeanELResolver.java:82)

[snip]

Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name org.ui.beans.RequestBean is not bound in this Context
	at
com.sun.faces.config.ManagedBeanFactoryImpl.newInstance(ManagedBeanFactoryImpl.java:340)
	at
com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationAssociate.createAndMaybeStoreManagedBeans(ApplicationAssociate.java:550)
	... 53 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name org.ui.beans.RequestBean
is not bound in this Context
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:770)
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.DefaultAnnotationProcessor.lookupFieldResource(DefaultAnnotationProcessor.java:203)

[snip]

BTW, I left my DataSource @Reference in the EJB impl, named
'PGPortfolioUnmanaged'.  It will fail nicely if not configured in
openejb.xml.