tomee-users mailing list archives

From Gegas <andreas.lc.eriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No Maven2 Best Practices?
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 19:28:59 GMT

David Blevins wrote:

> On May 8, 2008, at 10:22 AM, Gegas wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I really like embedded stuff. I got very excited when I heard
>> OpenEJB 3 was
>> released!
>>
>> But, the thing is that I cannot get my unit tests with OpenEJB3 to
>> follow
>> Maven2 best practices.
>>
>> The OpenEJB3 requires a ejb-jar.xml to exist in src/main/resources
>> to locate
>> my EJB's and if I'm using entity beans a persistence.xml must exist
>> in the
>> same directory.
>>
>> What about the src/test/resources directory which is supposed to be
>> used by
>> testing?
>>
>> And what about package and deplotyment for production. If my test
>> ejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml must be in src/main/resources then how
>> should I manage the "real" configuration files (those that should
>> reside in
>> src/main/resources).
>> When I package my ejb-jar it will contain configuration files used for
>> testing... bad...
>>
>> Any thoughts on how to handle this issue?
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> The intention was that the ejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml we test
> would be the one you use in production.  Obviously then it's perfectly
> in line with Maven2 best practices.
>
> I had never thought of having a seperate ejb-jar.xml just for testing
> purposes, but it's certainly an interesting idea.  Can you elaborate
> on what you would do differently in the "test" ejb-jar.xml versus the
> "production" ejb-jar.xml?  Some sort of example would be good too.
>
> -David

It's especially the persistence.xml that's my concern.

1. The src/main/resources/persistence.xml is mapped to my production data
source
2. The src/test/resources/persistence.xml is mapped to a in-memory database
(HSQLDB)

The production ejb-jar.xml might contain security constraints etc. not in
focus when testing etc.

What do yoy think? Is it possible to have different persistence.xml?

Kind regards, Andreas