tomee-users mailing list archives

From Gegas <andreas.lc.eriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No Maven2 Best Practices?
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 13:15:50 GMT

David Blevins wrote:

> Heh :)  It's not so stupid as we did put some fancy code for mapping
> the datasources to your persistence.xml without which you might
> actually need to have separate persistence.xmls.  But we work hard to
> adapt things to the environment you setup so these kinds of issues are
> avoided.  And then of course we went the extra mile to make sure you
> could setup your entire environment right in your test case, config
> file free, which is nice icing on the cake.  That also allows you to
> shut off things like transaction or security processing, which can be
> nice.  Well, technically you're turning *on* the mock transaction
> manager and/or security service we provide, but you get the idea :)

You did a very good job :-)

David Blevins wrote:

> The one thing that you really might want a different persistence.xml
> for is maybe there is some JPA provider specific property you use in
> production that you don't want enabled in test (or vice versa).  I
> suspect that'll be a rare case, but it's certainly something to keep
> an eye out for.

I've found something that's a real case. The unit tests uses OpenEJB and my
production environment is JBoss. The property for TransactionManager is
different for test and production:

OpenEJB

hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class  =
org.apache.openejb.hibernate.TransactionManagerLookup

JBoss

hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class =
org.hibernate.transaction.JBossTransactionManagerLookup

Now I really would need the ability to use a seperate persistence.xml for
testing.

David Blevins wrote:

> Yea, it's definitely an idea to keep on the radar.  We already do
> allow you to supplement your testing with a separate set of test ejbs
> which live in src/test/java and are configured via a src/test/
> resources/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml, so we'd probably have to find a
> different way to have a "test" ejb-jar.xml for the production ejbs in
> src/main/java.  Maybe something as simple as looking for a test.ejb-
> jar.xml file which we'd prefer over the ejb-jar.xml for testing
> purposes.
>
> If the need comes up, definitely let us know.
>
> -David

Kind regards, Andreas