tomee-users mailing list archives

From fmchale <fmch...@cisco.com>
Subject OpenEJB Unit Test ERROR - java agent not installed.
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 22:38:52 GMT

Hello,

Our team is using geronimo for our application server so we thought it best
to use openejb to do unit testing.  I have been attempting to set it up
using eclipse.  I have followed the examples and created a simple test case
for an EJB.  Everything seems to go smoothly until I run into this error

INFO - PersistenceUnit(name=MatchMakerModel,
provider=org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl)
15:15:57,468 INFO  [startup] PersistenceUnit(name=MatchMakerModel,
provider=org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl)
ERROR - JAVA AGENT NOT INSTALLED. The JPA Persistence Provider requested
installation of a ClassFileTransformer which requires a JavaAgent.  See
http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/javaagent.html
15:15:57,734 ERROR [startup] JAVA AGENT NOT INSTALLED. The JPA Persistence
Provider requested installation of a ClassFileTransformer which requires a
JavaAgent.  See http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/javaagent.html

After reading through the examples and forums I have found that since we are
using openjpa we need to also have the open-ejb java agent.  I have tried to
include this in the build path but the error still occurs.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated
Here is the test in case it is something in there.

Thanks,
Fred

package englrn.matchmaker.unittests;

import static org.junit.Assert.*;

import java.util.Properties;

import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;

import org.junit.Before;
import org.junit.Test;

import englrn.matchmaker.ejb.TechnologyGroupAdminLocal;
import englrn.matchmaker.ejb.TechnologyGroupAdminLocalBean;

public class TechnologyLocalTestCase {

	private InitialContext initialContext;

	@Before
	public void setUp() throws Exception {
		Properties p= new Properties();
	    p.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,

	    initialContext = new InitialContext(p);
	    p.put("matchingDatabase", "new://Resource?type=DataSource");
        p.put("matchingDatabase.JdbcDriver", "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver");
        p.put("matchingDatabase.JdbcUrl",
"jdbc:oracle:thin:@enged-dev-oracle.cisco.com:1521:engeddev");

        p.put("matchingDatabaseUnmanaged",
"new://Resource?type=DataSource");
        p.put("matchingDatabaseUnmanaged.JdbcDriver",
"oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver");
        p.put("matchingDatabaseUnmanaged.JdbcUrl",
"jdbc:oracle:thin:@enged-dev-oracle.cisco.com:1521:engeddev");

        p.put("matchingDatabaseUnmanaged.JtaManaged", "false");
	}

	@Test
	public void testTechnologyGroup() throws Exception {

	      Object object = initialContext.lookup("TechnologyGroupAdminLocal");

	      assertNotNull(object);
	      assertTrue(object instanceof TechnologyGroupAdminLocal);
		  TechnologyGroupAdminLocal technologyGroup = (TechnologyGroupAdminLocal)
object;
		  assertNotNull(technologyGroup.getAllTechnologyGroups());
	  }
}