tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Unit Test ERROR - java agent not installed.
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 01:31:33 GMT

On May 22, 2008, at 3:38 PM, fmchale wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our team is using geronimo for our application server so we thought
> it best
> to use openejb to do unit testing.  I have been attempting to set it
> up
> using eclipse.  I have followed the examples and created a simple
> test case
> for an EJB.  Everything seems to go smoothly until I run into this
> error
>
> INFO - PersistenceUnit(name=MatchMakerModel,
> provider=org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl)
> 15:15:57,468 INFO  [startup] PersistenceUnit(name=MatchMakerModel,
> provider=org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl)
> ERROR - JAVA AGENT NOT INSTALLED. The JPA Persistence Provider
> requested
> installation of a ClassFileTransformer which requires a JavaAgent.
> See
> http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/javaagent.html
> 15:15:57,734 ERROR [startup] JAVA AGENT NOT INSTALLED. The JPA
> Persistence
> Provider requested installation of a ClassFileTransformer which
> requires a
> JavaAgent.  See http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/javaagent.html
>
> After reading through the examples and forums I have found that
> since we are
> using openjpa we need to also have the open-ejb java agent.  I have
> tried to
> include this in the build path but the error still occurs.

The openejb-javaagent-3.0.jar needs to be specified using the "-
javaagent" vm parameter which is different than the "-classpath" vm
parameter.  There should be somewhere in Eclipse where you can specify
additional java options for running tests where you can add "-
javaagent:<some-path>/openejb-javaagent-3.0.jar".

Also note that OpenJPA does have some support for running without a
javaagent, but it's not complete.  You might be able to get by without
one but definitely it's better to run with it.

-David