tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat webapp Configuration
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 20:34:17 GMT

On May 3, 2008, at 12:41 PM, JimOR wrote:

> 1)I would prefer to deploy my driver and openejb configuration in my
> ejb
> jar

As noted in the other email, we can add support for that.

> 2)When my war contains jsf and/or IceFaces, openejb throws the
> following(edited for brevity):
> ERROR - Unable to process annotation in /jsfWebapp: Exception:
> Unable to
> load servlet class: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet:
> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
> org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Unable to load servlet class:
> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer
> $ProcessAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:557)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:181)

This one is a puzzler.  I wonder if there's a class required by the
IceFaces impl of FacesServlet that isn't available.  I went to pull
down the source and check what it might be but it's one of those
register/agree to get the source kind of projects.  Do you know what
if any dependencies IceFaces has?

One technique you might try is to comment out the FacesServlet servlet
declaration from the web.xml and try loading the class in another
servlet. If it works/doesn't work that gives us some indication on
where the problem might be.

-David