tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat webapp Configuration
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 01:01:55 GMT

On May 5, 2008, at 6:30 PM, JimOR wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:
>> If you can whip up a tiny example that reproduces the problem, I'll
>> be
>> happy to take a look at it.  You can attach the war to this jira:
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-797
>>

> The jira has a zip attached containing IceFaces jars in ./lib and a
> ./webapps/IceSample.war.  The war contains a working EJB injected
> servlet,
> and the openejb.log shows that my  bean was created.
>
> Running the default page, main.jspx, results in the following
> exception:
> ERROR-
> com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler.renderResponse(Line:
> 292) -
> Problem in renderResponse: javax.faces.FacesException:
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name org.ui.beans.RequestBean is
> not
> bound in this Context
> javax.faces.FacesException: javax.faces.FacesException:
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name org.ui.beans.RequestBean is
> not
> bound in this Context
> 	at
> com
> .sun
> .faces
> .application
> .ApplicationAssociate
> .createAndMaybeStoreManagedBeans(ApplicationAssociate.java:560)
> 	at
> com
> .sun
> .faces.el.ManagedBeanELResolver.getValue(ManagedBeanELResolver.java:
> 82)
>
> [snip]
>
> Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException:
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
> Name org.ui.beans.RequestBean is not bound in this Context
> 	at
> com
> .sun
> .faces
> .config
> .ManagedBeanFactoryImpl.newInstance(ManagedBeanFactoryImpl.java:340)
> 	at
> com
> .sun
> .faces
> .application
> .ApplicationAssociate
> .createAndMaybeStoreManagedBeans(ApplicationAssociate.java:550)
> 	... 53 more
> Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
> org.ui.beans.RequestBean
> is not bound in this Context
> 	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:770)
> 	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .catalina
> .util
> .DefaultAnnotationProcessor
> .lookupFieldResource(DefaultAnnotationProcessor.java:203)

> [...]

Hmmm.  I'm not sure I have the JSF expertise to figure out what the
moving parts are.  Is there an IceFaces developer that we can pull
into this thread?  Maybe between the two projects we can figure
something out.

Also, I am at JavaOne, so if there's someone from IceSoft around, I'd
be happy to sit down with them.

-David