tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: No Maven2 Best Practices?
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 19:23:11 GMT

On May 8, 2008, at 10:22 AM, Gegas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I really like embedded stuff. I got very excited when I heard
> OpenEJB 3 was
> released!
>
> But, the thing is that I cannot get my unit tests with OpenEJB3 to
> follow
> Maven2 best practices.
>
> The OpenEJB3 requires a ejb-jar.xml to exist in src/main/resources
> to locate
> my EJB's and if I'm using entity beans a persistence.xml must exist
> in the
> same directory.
>
> What about the src/test/resources directory which is supposed to be
> used by
> testing?
>
> And what about package and deplotyment for production. If my test
> ejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml must be in src/main/resources then how
> should I manage the "real" configuration files (those that should
> reside in
> src/main/resources).
> When I package my ejb-jar it will contain configuration files used for
> testing... bad...
>
> Any thoughts on how to handle this issue?

Hi Andreas,

The intention was that the ejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml we test
would be the one you use in production.  Obviously then it's perfectly
in line with Maven2 best practices.

I had never thought of having a seperate ejb-jar.xml just for testing
purposes, but it's certainly an interesting idea.  Can you elaborate
on what you would do differently in the "test" ejb-jar.xml versus the
"production" ejb-jar.xml?  Some sort of example would be good too.

-David