tomee-users mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: CMP Example with field mapping file
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 17:26:26 GMT
I can't seem to find any good examples of this which is strange since
it is a very common situation. Try adding this to your file (after the
last cmp-field-mapping):

           <key-generator xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/
pkgen-2.1">
             <uuid/>
           </key-generator>

As I mentioned in another email, the actual contents of the key-
generator element is ignored, but when we see the element  we add
@javax.persistence.GeneratedValue(strategy=IDENTITY) to the primary
key field.  This causes OpenJPA to use the database generated identity
for the primary key of the entity.

-dain