tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JNDI lookup NameNotFoundException
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 00:04:36 GMT

On May 11, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Bård Magnus Kvalheim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to ejb and just started experimenting with openejb tomcat
> plugin
> Tomcat: 5.5.26
> OpenEJB 3.0
>

> So far the openejb plugin is looking good. Setup completed and I've
> successfully deplyed the webapp example as well.
>
> I deployed my own war (Collapsed ear) containing a Stateless session
> bean.
> This is the same as the calculator example.
>
> The logs say:
> 2008-05-12 00:12:09,700 - INFO - Jndi(name=CalculatorLocal) -->
> Ejb(deployment-id=Calculator)
> 2008-05-12 00:12:09,700 - INFO - Created Ejb(deployment-id=Calculator,
> ejb-name=Calculator, container=My Stateless Container)
>
> Browing the OpenEJB JNDI Namespace Browser I can see my ejb, but I
> get FAIL
> when I try to inspect. (The ejb's from webapp example is also shown
> and fail
> just the same way, so perhaps this is expected).

Fixing up that FAIL issue now, thanks!

> Anyways, trying to use the bean in client app, which is another war
> in same
> tomcat, I get "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException" no matter what I
> do.
>
> I've tried jndi names:
> Calculator
> CalculatorLocal
> java:comp/env/CalculatorLocal
> java:comp/env/com.test.Calculator/CalculatorLocal
>
> I'm using spring's LocalStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean on client for
> looking up ejb from jndi.
>
> Any thoughts on where I've gone wrong on this?

Don't know how the LocalStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean works, but
you'll essentially need to make it do this:

   Properties jndiEnv = new Properties();
   jndiEnv.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",

   InitialContext context = new InitialContext(jndiEnv);
   context.lookup("CalculatorLocal");

Looks like the LocalStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean has a method
"setJndiEnvironment(Properties jndiEnvironment)" which might do the
trick.

-David