tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Bård Magnus Kvalheim" <mag...@kvalheim.eu>
Subject JNDI lookup NameNotFoundException
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 23:03:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to ejb and just started experimenting with openejb tomcat plugin
Tomcat: 5.5.26
OpenEJB 3.0

So far the openejb plugin is looking good. Setup completed and I've
successfully deplyed the webapp example as well.

I deployed my own war (Collapsed ear) containing a Stateless session bean.
This is the same as the calculator example.

The logs say:
2008-05-12 00:12:09,700 - INFO - Jndi(name=CalculatorLocal) -->
Ejb(deployment-id=Calculator)
2008-05-12 00:12:09,700 - INFO - Created Ejb(deployment-id=Calculator,
ejb-name=Calculator, container=My Stateless Container)

Browing the OpenEJB JNDI Namespace Browser I can see my ejb, but I get FAIL
when I try to inspect. (The ejb's from webapp example is also shown and fail
just the same way, so perhaps this is expected).

Anyways, trying to use the bean in client app, which is another war in same
tomcat, I get "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException" no matter what I do.

I've tried jndi names:
Calculator
CalculatorLocal
java:comp/env/CalculatorLocal
java:comp/env/com.test.Calculator/CalculatorLocal

I'm using spring's LocalStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean on client for
looking up ejb from jndi.

Any thoughts on where I've gone wrong on this?

Thanks in advance
Magnus Kvalheim