tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: @WebService - LocalInitialContextFactory
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:31:21 GMT

On Jun 24, 2008, at 7:32 AM, Jaime Geovane Marcondes wrote:
>    We have to ignore the @WebService annotation in
> LocalInitialContextFactory. Our legacy project contains more than
> 100 EJB's
> with these annotations, and can't be changed. The legacy libraries are
> currently running on an OC4j/IAS environment.
>    To solve this problem, we made an adjustment on the
> AnnotationDeployer
> class, at line 1021:
> "if (sessionBean.getServiceEndpoint() != null)", but that's not
> recommended
> as at least 50 developers will use this tool.
>    I think that creating that kind of "fork" over your GA is not the
> best
> way to deal with the problem.

With that particular adjustment you're still going to get hit with the
"real" deployment code in o.a.openejb.config.WsDeployer and the code
that constructs the related CXF gadgetry.  We'll probably want to cut
that out for you along with service-refs and webservice.xmls in the app.

I've put together an alternate would should eliminate all webservice
related assets from an app, including the removal of any session beans
that are only webservices (i.e. have no other business interfaces) as
well as any transaction and security constraints associated with those
beans.  You can enable it with setting the property
"openejb.webservices.enabled" to "false" (default is true obviously).

I've uploaded a snapshot binary here:

   people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/openejb/
openejb-standalone/3.1-SNAPSHOT/openejb-
standalone-3.1-20080625.051933-3.zip

As well if you're doing testing with maven2, you can simply update
your openejb version to 3.1-SNAPSHOT.

Let me know if this works for you and if you see any kind of
performance boost in test time.

-David