tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Youcef HILEM" <youcef.hi...@free.fr>
Subject Re: loadbalancing & failover of stateless beans
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 05:36:12 GMT
Hi David,
I confirm that my request relates only to stateless beans and not to stateful beans.

Most of our business services are available for both Web and Swing applications. The management
of state is supported by these applications. We do not use statefull beans.

For loadbalancing, I think it is enough for us to add a class similar to
org.apache.openejb.client.StickToLastServerConnectionFactoryStrategy
 (like RandomServerConnectionFactoryStrategy or StickToNextServerConnectionFactoryStrategy)
and change the method getConnectionFactoryStrategy() of class org.apache.openejb.client.ServerMetaData.

I take this opportunity to ask whether it is possible to extend the method getInitialContext(Hashtable
environment) of class org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext to deal with a list of URLs (for
key Context.PROVIDER_URL).