tomee-users mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB.war outside webapps
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 00:32:30 GMT

On Jun 5, 2008, at 2:52 AM, uglything wrote:

> <snip/>
> Nothing complex... But Tomcat tries to load MyWebApp before openejb,
> as
> expected from the specifications... Hence the deployment fails.
>

> Well, to address that, I tried to add explicitely the openejb
> context before
> MyWebApp :
>

>     &lt;Context docBase="openejb" /&gt;
>     &lt;Context docBase="../../target/MyWebApp" /&gt;

If you add the OpenEJBListener to the server.xml file, OpenEJB will
always initialize first.  Simply copy the openejb-javaagent.jar file
to the Tomcat lib directory, and add this declaration at the top of
the server.xml file:

   <!-- OpenEJB plugin for Tomcat -->
   <Listener className="org.apache.openejb.loader.OpenEJBListener" />

Since Tomcat starts components in the order they are declared in the
server.xml file, OpenEJB will guaranteed to be running by the time
your application is deployed.

-dain