tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jon Carrera <jcarr...@quarksoft.net>
Subject Re: Help with OpenEJB3 and Spring IoC
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:14:33 GMT

Thanks for your help David. Nice workaround btw :clap:. I did as you
suggested and now I'm having a strange problem when running my test. I'm
using Maven 2.0.7 to build and test my application and now I'm getting a
ClassNotFoundException for  org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence when
initializing the openejb context from the custom EntityManager factory bean.
I'm pretty sure it is in the classpath as it is declared as a dependency in
the pom.

The strange thing is that if i initialize the openejb context using the same
code inside the JUnit test class it  starts the openejb container with no
problem at all, but when the spring context is created and the custom
factory is accessed, openejb is unable to find the HibernatePersistence
class. It appears that for some reason the test and the custom factory bean
don't share the same classpath.

My test case is something like this:

public class PartidaEaoTest extends AbstractJpaTests {
	protected final Log log = LogFactory.getLog(PartidaEaoTest.class);

	protected InitialContext context;

        //This starts the spring context
	protected String[] getConfigLocations() {

	        setAutowireMode(AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME);
	        return new String[] {
	                "classpath*:/applicationContext-resources.xml",
	                "classpath*:/applicationContext-eao.xml"
	            };
	    }

             public void testSomething() throws Exception{
	    }
       }

Here's the stacktrace:

ERROR - Application could not be deployed:
C:\workspace\MidasTestEJB\data-acce
\target\classes
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: createApplication.failed
[C:\workspace\Mid
sTestEJB\data-acces\target\classes]: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.hibe
nate.ejb.HibernatePersistence: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Ass
mbler.java:592)
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.buildContainerSystem(
ssembler.java:338)
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:
50)
        at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB$Instance.<init>(OpenEJB.java:149)
        at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:288)
        at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:267)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.openejb.loader.OpenEJBInstance.init(OpenEJBInstance.java:
6)
        at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalIniti
lContextFactory.java:62)
        at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalIniti
lContextFactory.java:51)
        at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.getInitialConte
t(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:40)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:
67)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:24
)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
        at
net.quarksoft.arquetipo.eao.support.EntityManagerFactoryBean.getObje
t(EntityManagerFactoryBean.java:26)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObj
ctFromFactoryBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1227)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObj
ctForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1198)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBea
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:262)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBea
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolve
.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolve
.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:109)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
Factory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1100)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
Factory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:862)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
Factory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:424)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getO
ject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegist
y.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBea
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
[...]
.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:215)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolve
.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:127)
[...]
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.BeanFactoryAdvisorRetrie
alHelper.findAdvisorBeans(BeanFactoryAdvisorRetrievalHelper.java:87)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxy
reator.findCandidateAdvisors(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:96)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxy
reator.findEligibleAdvisors(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:83)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAdvisorAutoProxy
reator.getAdvicesAndAdvisorsForBean(AbstractAdvisorAutoProxyCreator.java:66)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.AbstractAutoProxyCreator
postProcessAfterInitialization(AbstractAutoProxyCreator.java:296)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
Factory.applyBeanPostProcessorsAfterInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanF
ctory.java:315)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
Factory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1181)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBea
Factory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:428)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getO
ject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegist
y.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBea
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBea
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBe
n(AbstractApplicationContext.java:733)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.regis
erBeanPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:511)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refre
h(AbstractApplicationContext.java:337)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.springframework.test.jpa.AbstractJpaTests.runBare(AbstractJpaTes
s.java:229)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.ja
a:213)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTe
tSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(A
stractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(S
refireBooter.java:290)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.
ava:818)
Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundExceptio
: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence:
org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistenc

        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Ass
mbler.java:459)
        ... 85 more
org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersist
nce
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.PersistenceBuilder.createEntity
anagerFactory(PersistenceBuilder.java:177)
        at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Ass
mbler.java:454)
        ... 85 more

I think it maybe a maven thing but i'm not really sure. Any help will be
very appreciated.

Thanks.