tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jon Carrera <jcarr...@quarksoft.net>
Subject Re: Help with OpenEJB3 and Spring IoC
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:53:14 GMT

"Are you game for trying out the parent of
AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests and so on till it breaks so we
can get that data for the doc as well?  Also, do you have any small
sample test case code we could possibly show?"

Sure, count me in :-). I'll post the results as soon as I get them done.

"On a side note, we actually do have a much tighter integration
planned.  Nothing concrete, but we'd like to find a way so that spring
and ejb (openejb) can be mixed more easily with things like
EntityManagers declarable and referencable right there in the spring
xml obviating the need for your own custom factories, etc.  You
interested in trying something like that out and giving feedback when
we get a prototype going?"

Definitely yes. I would be happy to collaborate.

"We're also interested in what people think
would be their dream syntax for mixing spring and ejb and other things
like entitymanagers, topics, queues, etc.  Definitely feel free to
post mock bean definition examples -- don't worry about reality, feel
free to dream, there's usually a way to do anything with enough effort. "

I'll work on my wish list too.

Jon