tomee-users mailing list archives

From Julia O <jozers...@yahoo.com>
Subject Timestamp ignored
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:06:44 GMT

Hi,

I am using jboss 4.2.0 GA and MySQL 5.0. And cannot get a timestamp to
persist to the database.

I have an @Entity bean with 3 fields: boolean, int. and java.sql.Timestamp.
Everything persists except for the timestamp. In fact, i added some trace
statements and the getter method for my timestamp is never being accessed.

Here is what my getter looks like:
    @Id
    @Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMP)
    @Column(name="report_timestamp")
    public Timestamp getReportTimestamp()
    {
	m_log_.info("RETURNING TIMESTAMP " + m_reportTimetamp);
	return m_reportTimetamp;
    }

The field maps to a column in mysql database called report_timestamp of type
DATETIME. I also used TIMESTAMP without any progress. The persistance
manager keeps inserting nulls into that column.

Additionally, i tried the following mysql drivers in my jboss configuration:
mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar and mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.