tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: loadbalancing & failover of stateless beans
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 03:41:03 GMT

On Jun 3, 2008, at 3:02 AM, youcef.hilem@free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
> Can we expect an implementation in the next delivery. It is an
> essential feature
> for us.

Hi Youcef,

Are you sure you mean failover for stateless beans and not stateful?
Getting failover for stateless is pretty trivial and we have a little
bit of client logic in that area.  Essentially the client code is
already capable of rolling over to other servers just there's no real
way to *configure* the list of available servers.  We can easily add
something in this regard.

Loadbalancing might be more difficult.  If you have an http load
balancer, we could likely fix up the ejbd over http protocol to
support it which would be the most robust option.

If you can describe your desired topology would be a great start.

-David