tomee-users mailing list archives

From Karsten Ohme <widerst...@t-online.de>
Subject Store data in SessionContext
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:12:02 GMT
Hi,

Maybe a very simple question, but I haven't found a solution:

Is it possible to store any data in the SessionContext of a Session Bean?

I have a stateless bean which executes a method. In this method
exceptions can be thrown and some critical data is touched. This data
cannot be kept in the persistence layer and rolled back automatically in
the case of an exception (performance reasons and parallel execution
does not allow this). So I have to keep manually track of this data and
roll it back manually. This method is used in a chain of other services
and if any of these services fail, the rollback must take place. This is
the reason I cannot catch it in the method itself. So there is an
interceptor which is placed in the upper facade implementation which
starts the service chain. In this interceptor I catch all exception,
want to read the data, roll it back and throw the exception. But how to
get hold of the data here?

Apart form this, I have tried to place it in the java:comp/env, this
seemed to work, but these values are global, right? Each call has its
own critical data, so the must be the same for the bean and the interceptor.

Or is the only way to place a ThreadLocal variable in the java:comp/env?

Regards,
Karsten