tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: @ApplicationException(rollback=true) ignored from external API
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:15:21 GMT

On Jun 25, 2008, at 9:38 AM, <Karsten.Ohme@t-systems.com> <Karsten.Ohme@t-systems.com

 > wrote:

> I run a test which provokes an application exception. The exception is
> defined in the same module and annotated with
> @ApplicationException(rollback=true). The Exception is rolled back.
> Fine.
>
> Another test checks also an exception. The exception is not from an
> EJB
> module, but from an imported API. The exception has the same
> annotation,
> but the transaction is not rolled back. It seams to me that the
> annotation in this class is ignored.

We definitely don't check the annotations at runtime, simply because
you can override them via the deployment descriptor so the "merged"
set of meta data is the only safe thing to execute against at runtime
(not if we expect to pass the tck anyway ;).  But as you point out we
just check the module itself for @ApplicationException annotated
classes.

Hmm...

Is the annotated exception class listed in any of the throws clauses
of the business interface methods in module B?  (where module A has
the exception class, module B does not)

If so, we could expand our support to looking there too in addition to
scraping the module jar.

-David