tomee-users mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Using OpenEJB Security for JAAS LoginModule
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:47:56 GMT
On Jun 30, 2008, at 7:32 AM, Josef.Eisele@bgs-ag.de wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Germany lost the Euro2008 therefore I need good news ;-) Do you have
> any
> for me?
>
> I confinced my team to use all junit-Tests with openejb as embedded
> container in Eclipse :-)
>
> Using my tests, sometimes strange things happen:
> * I test the public CRUD-functions of my business class and often I
> get
> the expected GREEN color as the result.
> * But sometimes the first function of my business class fails. It is a
> creation of the business object. The failure happens without any
> code-change.
>
> There are two SQL-Insert-Statemens which depend on each other. We
> use the
> EntityManager.persist Method. Is it possible the transaction manager
> in
> embedded-openejb sometimes use the wrong order for the insert-
> statements ?

FWIU, yes.  By default, OpenJPA does not reorder SQL statements to
respect foreign keys.  There is an UpdateManager which will respect
foreign keys, but you have to turn it on with this property:

openjpa
.jdbc
.UpdateManager=org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.ConstraintUpdateManager

BTW, this is about the limits of my knowledge of OpenJPA, so you may
be better served by asking on the OpenJPA Users mailing list (users@openjpa.apache.org
).

-dain