tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: IllegalStateException: Cannot log transactions
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:44:14 GMT

On Jun 24, 2008, at 9:27 AM, Martin Vysny wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 20:11 -0700, David Blevins wrote:

>>> Thanks for the tips, David!
>>> Setting the MaxLogFiles property to zero resulted in:
>>> 16:04:54,197 WARN  [main service] Property "MaxLogFiles" not
>>> supported
>>> by "TransactionManager"
>>> and the exception was still visible in the log (OpenEJB3.0)
>>>
>>> Setting the TxRecovery property for the JDBC database Connector
>>> fixed
>>> the error, and a warning has appeared instead. Better than an error
>>> indeed, however can I get rid of this warning as well? :)
>>
>> Hi Martin, I've made a couple adjustments in this code.  If you could
>> give them a try that'd be great.
>>
>> I've reworked all the flags for "TxRecovery".  Essentially I've added
>> it to the <TransactionManager> and removed it from the <Resource>.

>> If
>> you set TxRecovery=true in the TransactionManager configuration then
>> the right magic should take place to setup the resources correctly --
>> i.e. you no longer need to configure a "TxRecovery" flag on them.
>>
>> Update your poms to 3.1-SNAPSHOT or grab a snapshot distro:
>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.1-SNAPSHOT/openejb-standalone-3.1-20080621.030147-2.zip
>>
>> The default for TxRecovery is false, so to test the recovery add this
>> to your openejb.xml:
>>
>>  <TransactionManager id="TransactionManager">
>>      TxRecovery = true
>>  </TransactionManager>
>>
>> This may not eliminate the "Unknown start flag" error, but it will
>> certainly narrow down the possible issues.  Let us know how it goes.
>>
>> -David
>>

> Hi David,
>  I checked out and compiled the revision 670607. The exception
> vanished
> even without setting the TxRecovery flag to true. When I tried to set
> the TxRecovery flag to true the XAException appeared again:
>
> 18:25:43,493 WARN  [main Transaction] Unable to enlist XAResource
> org
> .apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.WrapperNamedXAResource@1ba6b028,
> errorCode: 0
> javax.transaction.xa.XAException: Unknown start flag 2097152

I thought that might be the case.  Still trying to track down the
issue.  We think it might be related to a connection leak reported and
fixed by Jean-Francois.  I'll try and get some binaries whipped up
that you can test.

> Thanks for fixing this bug :) When is the 3.1 version planned to be
> released?

Certainly the "bug" about being able to shut off HOWL transaction
logging in an intuitive way is fixed :)  If you want that feature on,
though, there's still one bug left to track down it seems.

On the release, the number will actually be 3.0.1 and I hope it won't
be more than 3-4 weeks, but we won't know for sure till we spin up
some binaries and start the Java EE 5 certification tests.

-David