tomee-users mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: DataSource configuration for production
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:56:17 GMT
On Jun 13, 2008, at 8:43 AM, jfjames wrote:

> My intention was to find an alternative to DBCP ready to be used in
> production with OpenEJB. Since it doesn't exist, I have to change my
> mind.
> If you agree to commit our patch quickly, I'm OK to use DBCP in
> production.

Quick status update.  I started working on the patch, but it isn't as
simple as applying it.... When it comes to the DelegateConnection
class, it should appear to the user to be an plain old Connection
without any special pooling properties.  This mean that when the
DelegateConnection is closed, it must appear to the caller that the
connection is actually closed, so methods like isClosed should return
true.

Instead of changing the isClosed method, I'll change the reallyClose
method so it only checks the real connection before closing.

-dain