tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse Multiple Projects and Missing persistence.xml
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 06:39:53 GMT

On Jun 11, 2008, at 5:57 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> The crux of the issue is that perfectly valid approach to testing is
> to treat the entire classpath and all modules in it as essentially
> one big ear, the things like persistence units declared in other
> jars will still be considered part of the same "application".
> Currently we treat every module we find as a separate application
> which is really not the right technique for some people.
[...]
> I'm going to try and cook up a solution for this and put up some
> snapshot binaries that you both can try out.

Ok.  I've put something together here and created an example for it.

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples/ear-testing/

To try it out in your modules update your openejb version to 3.1-
SNAPSHOT.  This will come out in 3.0.1, just we're running 3.1 on
trunk at the moment.  Then add openejb.deployments.classpath.ear=true
this to your startup options as in:

         Properties p = new Properties();
         p.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
         p.put("openejb.deployments.classpath.ear", "true");  // <-
new option
         Context context = new InitialContext(p);

One thing that has yet to be fixed is that you still need an ejb-
jar.xml (or web.xml, etc.) next to your persistence.xml in order for
it to get picked up.  Will get that fixed as well.

Anyway, let us know if it works out.

-David