tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Openejb 3.0 with Hibernate - javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException problem ...
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:59:10 GMT
Hmm, it seems that Hibernate is trying to bind something into JNDI
which isn't allowed.  JNDI is read-only in Java EE land.  I looked
through the code to see if there were any hints and it seems like the
binding of things into JNDI is optional and can be shut off.

Looks as though if you delete this line of your hibernate config:
   <session-factory name="shoppingmodule/hibernate/HibernateFactory">

that it will not try and bind the name into JNDI.  It's clearly
caching the SessionFactory in a couple different static hashmaps so
I'm guessing the JNDI thing isn't used internally.

Let us know if that works.

-David