tomee-users mailing list archives

From Josef.Eis...@bgs-ag.de
Subject Antwort: Re: Openejb 3.0 : JUNIT with embedded Container can't commit Transaction
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:47:19 GMT
Hi David,

thank you very much for your help. After adding the javaagent everything
worked fine. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Now my next step is to implement JAAS-Container Security inside my
JUNIT-Test. I will open a new thread for this.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Eisele

Direkt: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-180

David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com>
06.06.2008 01:46
Bitte antworten an
users@openejb.apache.org

An
users@openejb.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
Re: Openejb 3.0 : JUNIT with embedded Container can't commit Transaction

Hi Josef,

Couple questions.  What Java version are you using?  Are you setting "-
javaagent:<path-to>/openejb-javaagent-3.0.jar" as part of the test
parameters?  (an openjpa specific requirement)

Also, try is adjusting your test setup to the following.

     public void setUp() throws Exception {
         properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
         properties.put("Postgres.postgres.vesuv", "new://Resource?
type=DataSource");
         properties.put("Postgres.postgres.vesuv.JdbcDriver",
"org.postgresql.Driver");
         properties.put("Postgres.postgres.vesuv.JdbcUrl",
"jdbc:postgresql://localhost/bla");
         properties.put("Postgres.postgres.vesuv.UserName", "bla");
         properties.put("Postgres.postgres.vesuv.Password", "bla");
     }

I.e. with the OpenEJB home and openejb.conf file cut out.  We don't
need the openejb.home for testing and 100% of the configuration we do
need for testing can be supplied via the properties syntax you already
have in your TestCase.  We use different "heavier" defaults (tx
logging is enabled for example) if we determine we're running as a
standalone server and setting an openejb.home to a directory
containing a "conf/" directory is one way we determine that.

If you did want to declare your TransactionManager and SecurityService
and more, you could do so in your test case as follows:

         properties.put("myTransactionManager", "new://
TransactionManager");
         properties.put("mySecurityService", "new://SecurityService");
         properties.put("myStatelessContainer", "new://Container?
type=STATELESS");
         properties.put("myStatefulContainer", "new://Container?
type=STATEFUL");

However we will automatically create all of these as needed so there's
no reason to explicitly declare them unless you wish to override a
value.

If you're comfortable posting your full log file output that can help
too.

-David