tomee-users mailing list archives

From Martin Vysny <...@whitestein.com>
Subject Custom JAAS LoginModule: Principal with empty name provided
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:46:06 GMT
Hello guys,
  we tried to supply our custom JAAS LoginModule to OpenEJB. It works
beautifully, I have just one question.
When the OpenEJB is created (using the new InitialContext(properties)
construct), it invokes this LoginModule and the handler supplies an
empty string as an username in NameCallback. This isn't surprising
though: I do not provide any username nor credentials to the
InitialContext. What should I do?
- should I expect empty string in LoginModule and throw LoginException?
- or should I provide some username/password? This is probably rather
weird as no ejb method is being called...

Thanks!
Martin

ps: please see attached stack trace for quick reference.