tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Active MQ 5.1 support
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:50:24 GMT

On Sep 15, 2008, at 3:45 PM, rde8026 wrote:

> I'm using the standard lib form a zip file...

Ok.  In terms of general library upgrading, we generate two files
(dependencies.xml and dependencies.txt) that we put inside of every
openejb-*.jar that says what dependencies the jar has.  The data is
nested to show a tree view to make it easier to see what dependencies
are pulled in only by third party libraries.

Here is the top part of  dependencies.txt for openejb-core-3.1-
SNAPSHOT.jar:

   activemq-core-4.1.1.jar
    activeio-core-3.0.0-incubator.jar
    backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar
   activemq-ra-4.1.1.jar
   asm-2.2.3.jar
   asm-commons-2.2.3.jar
    asm-tree-2.2.3.jar
   asm-finder-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
   commons-cli-1.1.jar
   commons-collections-3.2.jar

So you should only need to remove activemq-core-4.1.1.jar, activemq-
ra-4.1.1.jar and any libraries they depend on, which are activeio-
core-3.0.0-incubator.jar and backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar.  As far
as replacing them, you'll definitely need activemq-core-5.1.0.jar and
activemq-ra-5.1.0.jar.

   http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/activemq/activemq-core/5.1.0/activemq-core-5.1.0.jar
   http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/activemq/activemq-ra/5.1.0/activemq-ra-5.1.0.jar

.. plus their non-optional depenencies.  The activemq-core-5.1.0.pom
shows these required deps (versions are in activemq-parent-5.1.0.pom).

   http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/activemq/activeio-core/3.1.0/activeio-core-3.1.0.jar
   http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/camel/camel-core/1.3.0/camel-core-1.3.0.jar

The activeio-core pom lists backport-util-concurrent as a dependency,
but I couldn't find any use of it in their source.  I'd try getting by
without it.

Definitely let us know how it goes.

-David