tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: "Local server is not initialized"
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:52:38 GMT

On Sep 10, 2008, at 1:38 AM, Andreas Karalus wrote:

> I want to test code that performs itself a "InitialContext ctx = new
> InitialContext()". This works well with jboss.embedded, but fails with
> openejb.
> For jboss.embedded we use a jndi.properties as configuration. so if
> the file
> is present in classpath, new IntialContext() works fine. I wonder if
> there
> is a similar configuration in openejb?
[...]
> p.s. here is the data in jndi.properties
>
> java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.LocalOnlyContextFactory
> java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

Right, it's the java.naming.factory.url.pkgs line that's causing the
problem.  A snippet from the InitialContext javadoc:

    JNDI determines each property's value by merging the values from
    the following two sources, in order:

    1. The first occurrence of the property from the constructor's
       environment parameter and (for appropriate properties) the
       applet parameters and system properties.

    2. The application resource files (jndi.properties).

The vm is picking JBoss's org.jboss.naming and org.jnp.interfaces
packages for all "java:" lookups instead of ours because the values of
the jndi.properties file are getting merged with your InitialContext
properties.

You could either delete your jndi.properties file completely or you
could update it as follows:

java
.naming
.factory.initial=org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory
   java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming

Just make sure that you don't use these settings in an actual remote
client running in a different VM than the server.  There you'd use
these settings:

java
.naming
.factory.initial=org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory
   java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.apache.openejb.client

-David