tomee-users mailing list archives

From Zog <jogouss...@gmail.com>
Subject JNDI lookup in Tomcat
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:37:31 GMT

Hi
I installed the openejb.war in tomcat-6.0.18 and my ear as a collapsed ear.
When I lookup objects in the JNDI tree, I realized that I can freely look up
injected resources (I use the <resource-ref> in ejb-jar.xml for ex for data
sources),
but non injected are failing - is this normal ?
Specifically, one of my ejb is doing
InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(); // Properly initialized with the
OpenEJB ICfactory
ic.lookup("openejb/TransactionManager");
and this always throws a NameNotFoundException.

If I start OpenEJB standalone and connect through telnet, I can see
the transactionmanager using the lookup command.
Is this the expected behavior for the Tomcat integration ?

Thanks
           /zog