tomee-users mailing list archives

From Zog <jogouss...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenEJB in an OSGi container
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:08:13 GMT

Hi
So, I managed to get my EJB app running just fine in Tomcat/OpeneEJB. Now
that it validates the J2EE support I need from OpenEJB, I'd like to move all
this
to an OSGi container.
Any hints on where I should look for information ?
I scanned through the web and although it's stated everywhere that OpenEJB
is packaged as OSGi bundled, I couldn't find information on how to start
openejb
in osgi.
I tried a simple approach where I load everything in openejb/lib from the
system classpath,
but got a mysterious exception:
Caused by: org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.NamingException: Cannot
initailize
 OpenEJB: null
        at
org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.InitContextFactory.initializeOpenE
JB(InitContextFactory.java:88)
        at
org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.InitContextFactory.getInitialConte
xt(InitContextFactory.java:35)
        at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.getIntraVmContex
t(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:114)

That's most probably related to the way OSGi does classloading, and I'm
investigating.

Should I look at the way you embedded OpenEJB for Tomcat ? Or should I look
elsewhere ?
Any clue welcomed :)
      /Zog

PS: Btw, finding http://openejb.apache.org/apidocs is not very easy on the
openejb site -
I had to scan through the forums to find that one.