tomee-users mailing list archives

From suhaas <suhas.walan...@gmail.com>
Subject Help required with OpenEJB integration with JSF Hibernate and Spring
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:01:46 GMT

Here is the problem statement

We currently have an application that uses Spring 2.0, Hibernate 3.X,
JSF1.1/Myfaces/Richfaces 3.1.X on Tomcat 5.5.27

The current layers are :
The JSF UI calls backing bean that in turn calls service locator that calls
Hibernate DAO implementation. So in terms of Eclipse projects in my
workspace I have :

1) Webapp (JSF/Richfaces part), backing bean and service locator
2) Service  Layer
3) Hibernate Implementation Layer

Now I have been asked to add an OpenEJB layer. So I understand the new flow
will be
The JSF UI calls backing bean that in turn calls service locator which
locates OpenEJB Stateless Session Bean that calls Hibernate DAO
implementation.

Here is what I have done so far
1) Installed Tomcat plug in for OpenEJB.
2) Added a Listener for openejb in server.xml file that is managed by
Eclipse
3) Added datasource for Oracle in openejb.xml
(thought it is already there in spring-datasource.properties  which gets
used by spring-app.xml in webapp, Hibernate Implementation and the new EJB
l;ayer created)
4) Have written stateless session bean EJB implementation and tested it.

I have read the docuemtnation available on website, but I am still not clear
about the following
1) Creating JNDI names
2) What Service Locator should look like (there seem to be gaps and compile
time problems with the example on the openejb site)

I request you to please educate me about any other configurations changes
that are required.

Thanks in advance!