tomee-users mailing list archives

From Reza Rahman <reza_rah...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Tomcat Deployments
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:31:27 GMT
Thiago,

What kind of boot times are you seeing? How many jars do you have? Do
you need them all in the app or can some of them go in Tomcat/lib
instead? I have to say I haven't seen much of an issue on this, but I am
using OpenEJB for unit testing only, not with Tomcat.

If performance is a very critical issue, you can always disable
class-path scanning by setting the metadata-complete attribute to "true"
in the deployment descriptor. However, that will also turn off
annotations processing completely. That should improve performance,
right David? Are there any other OpenEJB specific techniques? I am
curious to know myself...

Cheers,
Reza