tomee-users mailing list archives

From Thiago Antônio Marafon <thi...@softplan.com.br>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Tomcat Deployments
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:29:15 GMT
Hello Reza!
Thanks for helping me again.

I made a simple application, using no jars, with only one annotated EJB,
and Tomcat loads in +- 25 seconds.
If I make this app depend on Hibernate, Struts and some others jars (20
jars total), still with only one EJB, then Tomcat takes 55 seconds to start.

I´ve tried to use the openejb.xml to describe the deployments, tried the
"openejb.deployments.classpath.include" system property, and I even
tried to put the EJB .class files in a jar with an empty ejb-jar.xml
file, but Tomcat still takes more than 50 seconds to start.

We can´t use all of these jars in Tomcat lib because there are many
applications running together and each one using different versions of
the libs. Even Hibernate, some of them uses 3.1.3, others 3.2.5.
Frequently, the apps are so big that we don´t have time to migrate for
the new vesions.

It would be possible to put Struts and some others jars in Tomcat/lib,
but that is not really nice, specially during development. It is better
to have them within the application, so they stay together in the
repository (we still don´t use Maven. I hope we do soon).

".. you can always disable class-path scanning by setting the
metadata-complete attribute to "true" in the deployment descriptor.
However, that will also turn off annotations processing completely."

You mean I would have to describe the EJBs using XML?

Regards,
Thiago