tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Help required with OpenEJB integration with JSF Hibernate and Spring
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:15:09 GMT

On Oct 21, 2008, at 7:00 PM, suhaas wrote:

> At this point in time,  I have drilled down the problem to Spring
> 2.0 and
> OpenEJB 3.0 integration.
>
> As mentioned in the original problem statement older application
> (without
> OpenEJB) is using JSF -> backing bean -> service locator  flow to
> call a DAO
> implementaion which is composed of HibernateTemplate (
> org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate ).

Hi Suhaas,

As part of the OpenEJB 3.1 release we added some Spring integration
code that should help to sew things together.  We consider it a
prototype and will be relying heavily on feedback to improve it.  I've
created an example which helps to show how it works.

   http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/spring-ejb-and-jpa.html

We've also rewritten this page to detail some of the new functionality.

   http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/spring.html

For use in a webapp, you won't want to use the ClassPathApplication or
Application beans.  For this first iteration you'll have to use the
org.apache.openejb.spring.EJB bean to import the beans you want to
make available to Spring.  We would like to fix things up so the same
"automatic" behavior works the same way in all settings; embedded,
standalone, in tomcat.  So the beans ClassPathApplication and
Application will likely be deprecated and replaced with something that
does exactly that.

Anyway, give it a look over and try some things out.  We are
definitely open to feature requests on this functionality.

-David