tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and openEJB - how to do this simple config?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 04:29:09 GMT

On Feb 5, 2009, at 8:38 AM, jpmad4it wrote:

> Can anyone help, I'm still struggling with this??

Hi Jp, and thanks again for the patience.

Answering the middle question first as the first and last question
seem related.

> EDIT2: I am now trying to setup the injection-of-datasource example,
> I've
> changed the test java file so that its correct for my mysql
> database, but
> during "mvn clean install" the process fails, saying it cannot find
> the jdbc
> driver 	. The mysql-connector/J.jar is in my tomcat/lib
> folder:

For build the code via maven, there simply needs to be a <dependency>
section added to the pom.xml file to get it included into the build/
test classpath.

I think this is the right dep:

<dependency>
     <groupId>mysql</groupId>
     <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
     <version>5.1.6</version>
</dependency>

You can add that next to the openejb dep in the examples pom.xml file.

> EDIT: I think I managed to call the Calculator web service through
> PHP. I
> used the script soap.php:
[...]
> So I think that it has successfully called the service and grabbed
> the types
> from it? I don't know how to code the PHP to actually do a simple
> addition
> though.
>
> Maybe I should start to think about getting a service setup for the
> MySQL
> database?
[...]
> I do have another concern......from studying the injection example,
> all the
> SQL is wrote in Java. This is something that we don't really want to
> do. We
> want to call the connection written in Java from PHP, and then use
> that
> connection to carry out mysql queries within PHP - is this going to be
> possible? Or does all the SQL have to be writtin in the Java?

 From this feedback it seems like the webservice approach may not
quite be the right direction for you.

Maybe we should zoom out a bit and get the bigger picture view of what
you want to do at a very high level and the motivation behind it.  The
biggest question in my mind is what are you looking to get from the
java side of things and what limitations are you dealing with that
motivates it.

-David