tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alberto López <atallo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException when deploying openejb.war
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:15:25 GMT

Hi again David,

I didn't install tomcat as a service, I simply unzipped it.

I also experimented with the different path and the results are really
weird. But I thing I finally figured it out.

As I told in a previous message, after having these problems I installed
Tomcat 6.0.18 in another location and it worked which made me think that
perhaps the path had something to say.

So what I did was to install Tomcat (always unzipping) again in its old
location and bingo: the same old problem.

It was somewhat hard to believe that the path could be a reason, specially
when the path that causes the problems has no spaces and the one which works
fine does have some of them.

This is the path with issues:
C:\Desarrollo\Libs+Tools\Apache\Tomcat-6.0.18\webapps

This one works fine: C:\Archivos de programa\Desarrollo\Tomcat-6.0.18

Weird, isn't it?

So I made the final test: I remove the '+' character from the first path,
since it is the only "strange" character. And it worked!

Could it be perhaps that the '+' causes strange behaviours within a
classpath? Seems something like that to me (could be perhaps an useful hint
for including it in a FAQ).

Regards,

Alberto