tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: EJBd protocol over SSL
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:21:49 GMT

On Feb 26, 2009, at 9:03 AM, Jean-Sébastien Scrève wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> I'd say it's a bug.
>
> To connect, I had to set "ejbds" protocol and change openEJB code.
>
> Here is what I did to connect to the server :
>
> Properties prop = new Properties();
> prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
> "org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
> prop.put("java.naming.provider.url", "ejbds://127.0.0.1:4201");
> prop.put("ejbd.secure", "true");
> Context myContext = new InitialContext(prop);
>
> I patched org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager to let openEJB
> recognize ejbds protocol.
>
> It's not my area of expertise so is it correct to set ejbds protocol ?

That's correct.  This person pinged me on irc about an hour after this
post and we got it worked out.  I was just thinking to write a
followup to the list, but you beat me to it :)

As a note to any archive readers. For those that want to use SSL over
EJBd in 3.1 can do one :

   1)  you can add in your client classpath this file  'META-INF/
org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionFactory/ejbds' where 'ejbds' is a
file that contains the string
'org.apache.openejb.client.SocketConnectionFactory'

   2)  in your client code you can add
'org.apache.openejb.client.ConnectionManager.registerFactory("ejbds",
new org.apache.openejb.client.SocketConnectionFactory());'

-David