tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException when deploying openejb.war
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:53:33 GMT

On Feb 18, 2009, at 8:46 AM, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> As a side note, having CATALINA_HOME defined as path with a space in
> it causes the Java Agent to not be loaded correctly on my Linux
> system (Windows XP seems happy) - the released 3.1 war does this as
> well, so I don't think its anything I introduced with this fix.

Without looking at the script I'd guess that they didn't quote the
variable.  In sh/bash when you use a variable as an arg bare as in

somecommand $THE_ARG

It gets passed to the somecommand as *two* arguments if the value of
THE_ARG has a space in it.  Variables that could have spaces should be
quoted, as in:

somecommand "$THE_ARG"

If that's the case, we should submit a patch to Tomcat.

-David