tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException when deploying openejb.war
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:55:08 GMT

On Feb 13, 2009, at 1:36 AM, Alberto López wrote:

> My problem is that I hadn't the opportunity to even begin the
> installation,
> since after the failed deployment attempt the URL for the install
> page does
> not work, which is not strange after all ;-)

Is the Tomcat instance by chance installed as a windows service?  I've
seen some classloading strangeness with Tomcat installs that run as
windows services, seems windows refuses to truly restart the VM
causing all sorts of issues.

I guess the better way to answer that question is to know how you
installed Tomcat.  All releases are tested on Windows XP, but we
simply download the zip file and unpack it and do not use the
installer exe files.

-David