tomee-users mailing list archives

From Karan Malhi <karan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse WTP + Tomcat Debug
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 04:12:27 GMT
I am using maven-tomcat-plugin in eclipse and its working fine. I have not
run it in debug mode, but I have to redeploy the app if I make a change to
any .class or update a jar in the lib. Here is the tomcat documentation
which says that in development mode, tomcat would reload teh app if
reloadable is set to true

reloadable

Set to true if you want Catalina to monitor classes in /WEB-INF/classes/ and
/WEB-INF/lib for changes, and automatically reload the web application if a
change is detected. This feature is very useful during application
development, but it requires significant runtime overhead and is not
recommended for use on deployed production applications. That's why the
default setting for this attribute is *false*. You can use the
Manager<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html>web
application, however, to trigger reloads of deployed applications on
demand.
The maven-tomcat-plugin also redeploys the app when I make some change.

I do not know much about tomcat +WTP, but seems like whether debugging or
not, webapp is reloaded when classes/jars change in webapp.

Question:- Is it because of openejb + tomcat that you have to reload the
webapp while debugging, or do you have to do that anyway (for a tomcat
instance without  openejb)?

--
Karan Singh Malhi