tomee-users mailing list archives

From brianm709 <bmmer...@dstsystems.com>
Subject Re: DataSource lookup by JNDI name
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:58:50 GMT

Thanks for the reply.
Injection is not an option in our application.  One of the goals is to be
multi-tenant.  One appserver servicing 1-n datasources.  So I can't hardcode
a resource name in the application.  The requests includes an indicator
which maps to the datasource name which we lookup using JNDI.

David Blevins wrote:

> A note that in the 3.1.1 release lookups to "openejb:Resource/jdbc/
> awddb" will work inside a bean and outside a bean and regardless of
> how the InitialContext was created.

It sounds like 3.1.1 will resolve my issue. A couple questions:
Any idea when 3.1.1 will be released?
In 3.1.1 will I be able to do something like the following to bind to a name
of my choice?

InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
   context.bind("jdbc/awddb", new
javax.naming.LinkRef("java:openejb/Resource/jdbc/awddb") );

Thanks again,
Brian