tomee-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web services deployment example?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:43:33 GMT
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Jonathan Gallimore <
jonathan.gallimore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I remember thinking this was a pain when I hit it about a year ago - I'm
> glad its not just me :)

Same here!

> As David says, we could probably make this work, but its against the
> current
> spec, so the code might not work with other containers. I'm happy to have a
> go at this when I have some free time (unless someone else beats me to it)
> ;-)

Right.

Now, it is within the specification boundaries to have a web service
implementation class not reference any SEIs (i.e. you just put @WebService
on the class, and that's that).  Would it be legal to have such a class
implement, say, a @Remote business interface only, but also be
annotated--just itself, no SEI--with @WebService?

It strikes me then that clients could generate their own stubs without
having the hassle--is this the only place in the entire Java ecosystem where
the presence of an interface is a hassle?  Could be!--of dealing with the
SEI.

Best,
Laird