tomee-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web services deployment example?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:12:02 GMT
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:57 AM, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com>wrote:

> It definitely does test the "EJB" functionality.

I'm sorry, what I meant was, there is no method in the CalculatorTest.java
file that does a JNDI lookup against either a @Local or a @Remote interface
to access a stub for the CalculatorImpl stateless session bean.  You of
course are correct that on the server side the CalculatorImpl bean does get
exercised.

I am taking away from all of this that for any given interface:

   - It may be marked as a @Local, but not also as @Remote or @WebService
   - It may be marked as a @Remote, but not also as @Local or @WebService
   - It may be marked as a @WebService, but not also as @Local or @Remote
   - Inheritance of these kinds of interfaces poses problems in CXF,
   apparently, and hence also in OpenEJB.
   - In order to expose any kind of client interface to potential clients,
   one must duplicate the methods in each kind of interface.  That is, one must
   have a CalculatorLocal @Local interface with its add and mulitply methods, a
   CalculatorRemote @Remote interface with its (identical) add and multiply
   methods, and a CalculatorWs @WebService SEI with its (identical) add and
   multiply methods.
   - An implementation (@Stateless) class may implement any or all of these
   kinds of interfaces depending on the view it wants to expose.

Is that correct?

I am *really* sorry to be so thick and slow on all of this and I appreciate
the help I've been given.

Best,
Laird