tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problems shutting down embedded instance
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 00:30:10 GMT

On Apr 7, 2009, at 7:47 AM, Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez wrote:

> Here is the stack trace. It happens on tomcat shutdown.
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-53" java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.destroy(OpenEJB.java:263)
>        at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb.tomcat.catalina.TomcatLoader.destroy(TomcatLoader.java:187)
>        at org.apache.openejb.tomcat.catalina.TomcatLoader
> $1.lifecycleEvent(TomcatLoader.java:160)
>        at
> org
> .apache
> .catalina
> .util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:748)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:628)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
> $CatalinaShutdownHook.run(Catalina.java:671)

Looks like we had the same destroy code listed in a shutdown hook and
also in the tomcat stop lifecycle event, one of them would win and the
other would result in a harmless NullPointerException.  I went a head
and removed the shutdown hook, we now rely only on the Tomcat stop
event, so this exception should disappear in the next release.

Thanks for pointing this out, Luis!

-David