tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problems shutting down embedded instance
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 19:26:17 GMT

On Apr 4, 2009, at 5:12 AM, keinmensch@inbox.lv wrote:

> Hi again!
> Finally I have had some time to patch OpenEJB according to my
> It turns out that the NullPointerException STILL occurs, despite the
> constructor never being invoked with a null value parameter.

That's crazy.  If there is some way to get Tomcat to not attempt to
aggressively clean references that would be by far the best option.
Clearly the VM has already cleared the references and Tomcat is coming
in afterwards and making a bit of a mess.

> I also
> tried to patch the catch block to return null.
> Apart from that, it seems like the container (Tomcat) is left in an
> inconsistent state after I have removed the application, requiring a
> restart.
> I will try to find alternative ways to use OpenEJB in my application,
> since it seems like the patch I suggested earlier do not really solve
> the problems I have had.

The standard way of deploying the OpenEJB war is guaranteed to work.
I don't recall what about that didn't work for you but maybe there's
some thing we can offer in that regard.

-David