tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and OSGi
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 09:12:17 GMT
2009/5/8 Gauthier Libéral <liberal.gauthier@gmail.com>:

> I would like to have OpenEJB running as an equinox bundle and then would
> like to run my EJB-Jar in Equinox too (one bundle per EJB).
>
> When you said "You don't expect EJBs will be deployed as OSGi bundles, do
> you?" is it a warning for not doing that thing ?

Ah, that's exactly what I thought you're after :) It's been a while
when I looked at OpenEJB's OSGi part, but only OSGi metadata existed -
no such an deployment functionality like OpenEJB getting notified when
an EJB as an OSGi bundle gets deployed. It is not *yet* here. Dunno
when it's available.

Why is that important for you? I do know it would make your
application modular, but wonder if there's something more beside this
(which is certainly quite enough to introduce the feature in the app).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski