tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: OpenEJB and OSGi
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 17:07:26 GMT
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Brown, Deryck <deryck.brown@ziebel.biz> wrote:

> In fact the example code that Jonathan provided the links for does exactly this. I know,
I wrote it!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing it (and appologize for my ignorance to
read all the emails in my email backlog to find it out sooner).

> The setup I use in my own application has OpenEJB in one plug-in running as an OSGi service
listener that watches for services that belong to the OpenEjbApplication class to be deployed.
It then invokes the OpenEJB deployment code to start the application running. Your application
plugin must include a plug-in activator that registers a new OpenEjbApplication service. When
the plug-in is deactivated, the service is automatically stopped by the platform, and the
OpenEJB server undeploys the application.

> The plugins at the moment are running on the Eclipse 3.4.2 RCP platform. This may cause
some problems with running on (just) Equinox as the current code may be using some non-OSGi
APIs (to load properties from files and allow for variable expansion within property values).

If it really works now with some Eclipse-specific APIs I'd like to
move the code to become more OSGi provider-agnostic if you don't mind.
I'd like to get it merged into our sources so people can use it
(rather than keep asking about it).

> http://www.nabble.com/Dynamically-deploying-to-an-embedded-OpenEJB-server-within-an-Eclipse-RCP-application-tt21667308.html#a21827389

Showed up as the first in my TODO list for this weekend. Thanks again
for your efforts (if that's what it really claims it is I owe you a
beer or even two :))

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski