tomee-users mailing list archives

From "louis.alexander" <louis.alexan...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting alternate jndi prefix? (not java:comp/env)
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 14:34:19 GMT

All,
I have a ConnectionFactory, some Queues and Topics that i would like to be
made available in openejb for unit testing purposes, however our system uses
the jndi names jms/MyFactory, but when i configure  MyFactory in my
ejb-jar.xml it gets a jndi jame of java:comp/env/jms/MyFactory.  My
understanding was that when i configure a jndi resource in a JavaEE
environment i get two JNDI names one that i configure, and one prefixed with
java:comp/env.  I would settle for just getting the non java:comp/env/ name.
Below is my ejb-jar.xml, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

<ejb-jar xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd"
         version="3.0">
    <enterprise-beans>
        <!-- Configure the message driven bean that will listen to the
RouterEventsQueue queue -->
        <message-driven>
            <ejb-name>DispatcherBean</ejb-name>
            <ejb-class>com.acision.router.DispatcherBean</ejb-class>
            <messaging-type>javax.jms.MessageListener</messaging-type>

<message-destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</message-destination-type>

<message-destination-link>RouterEventsQueue</message-destination-link>

            <!-- Allow the connection factory to be looked up via
java:comp/env/SimpleRouterConnectionFactory -->
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>RouterConnectionFactory</res-ref-name>
                <res-type>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
            </resource-ref>

            <!-- Allow the reply queue to looked up via
java:comp/env/TestingQueue -->
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>TestingTopic</res-ref-name>
                <res-type>javax.jms.Topic</res-type>
            </resource-ref>

             <!-- Allow the dead queue to looked up via
java:comp/env/DeadEventsQueue -->
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>DeadEventsQueue</res-ref-name>
                <res-type>javax.jms.Queue</res-type>
            </resource-ref>
        </message-driven>

        <!-- Configure the session bean that will be sending message to the
DispatcherBean queue,
             and listening for the answer -->
        <session>
            <ejb-name>PutterBean</ejb-name>

<business-local>com.acision.router.tools.PutterLocal</business-local>
            <ejb-class>com.acision.router.tools.PutterBean</ejb-class>

            <!-- Allow the connection factory to looked up via
java:comp/env/SimpleRouterConnectionFactory -->
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>RouterConnectionFactory</res-ref-name>
                <res-type>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
            </resource-ref>

            <!-- Allow the reply queue to looked up via
java:comp/env/TestingTopic -->
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>TestingTopic</res-ref-name>
                <res-type>javax.jms.Topic</res-type>
            </resource-ref>

            <!-- Allow the reply queue to looked up via
java:comp/env/DeadEventsQueue -->
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>DeadEventsQueue</res-ref-name>
                <res-type>javax.jms.Queue</res-type>
            </resource-ref>

            <!-- Allow the destination queue to looked up via
java:comp/env/RouterEventsQueue -->
            <resource-ref>
                <res-ref-name>jms/RouterEventsQueue</res-ref-name>
                <res-type>javax.jms.Queue</res-type>
            </resource-ref>
        </session>
    </enterprise-beans>

    <!-- define the JMS queues that we need -->
    <assembly-descriptor>
        <message-destination>

<message-destination-name>RouterEventsQueue</message-destination-name>
        </message-destination>
        <message-destination>

<message-destination-name>DeadEventsQueue</message-destination-name>
        </message-destination>
        <message-destination>

<message-destination-name>TestingTopic</message-destination-name>
        </message-destination>
    </assembly-descriptor>
</ejb-jar>